We are looking for a Mumbai based Director of Hotel Solutions to lead a commercial team and steer and prioritize sales activities with our hotel partners.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading corporate hotel solutions provider and enable business travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. As an outsourcing provider for global corporations, our company simplifies the processes related to hotel stays and offers travel managers and the travelers themselves forward-looking solutions. Multinational corporations, business travelers and hotel partners benefit equally from the global network of the HRS Group. Founded in Cologne in 1972, the steadily expanding group of companies employs more than 1,500 people in 34 offices worldwide. As a result, the HRS Group combines a global network with local market expertise.
Our business unit Hotel Solutions takes care of the accommodation partnerships of the HRS Group. This means, our sales colleagues engage with our hotel partners in order to support them maximizing their distribution success, while acquiring the best accommodations and conditions, driving value for our business customers in a transparent win-win approach.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Act as a hands-on sales leader by example
- Take full responsibility for the market from hotel supply perspective, working closely with the Enterprise Solutions market organization, and sharing PnL ownership
- Take ownership for agreed targets and the optimization of margins achieved in the managed markets, identify and develop new market opportunities
- Personally plan and implement sales strategies, projects and sales initiatives across the Indian sub-continent with the major focus on India
- Re-design processes and implement new tools to raise efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage strategic hotel chain and technology (distribution connectivity) partnerships
- Constantly challenge team members on their focus areas, priority setting and also their approach to specific client-facing issues
- Manage onboarding, personnel development, and performance management of team members
- Monitor development of team targets and OKRs and ensure needed changes on strategic level to achieve the company goals
- Ensure mutual communication in the team to share experiences and best practice approaches
- Maintain a high level of knowledge within the team with respect to the product portfolio, the benefits for the customer and key sales arguments
- Conduct sales reviews and monitor performance of the team members
- Proactively communicate with other departments in order to achieve the best results
- Act as a national and international representative and HRS brand ambassador
The commitment you bring
- A good to excellent business-related university degree
- Commercial experience preferably in the travel industry combined with working experience in the B2B travel industry
- 3-5 years of experience in managing a commercial team
- Several years of work experience in the travel industry, preferably in the field of sales, marketing or hotel purchasing
- Enjoying client contact, consulting and sales activities
- Mobility, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Fluent command of English, both spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact, senior commercial role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours