We are looking for Shanghai based Technical Architect China (m/f) who is willing to deal with new technologies. We - in cooperation with operations and pure business developers - act as a team to ensure the best performance and availability for HRS high-volume-traffic E-Commerce site.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 34 offices across the world – including Cologne, Shanghai, London, Mumbai and Sydney.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Ensure the best performance and high availability of HRS E-commerce site based on concurrency and distributed systems
- Offer technical guidance to developers
- Responsible for developing deployment solutions with our operations team, scalable backend design as well as build up efficient data models with our business architects
- Act as a translator between pure technical and business aspects
- Manage evaluation of new technologies
The commitment you bring
- A Java expert (concurrent, distributed programming)
- Acquire good knowledge in: Caching technologies, NoSQL (Cassandra + CQL3 preferred), Dependency Injection, RDBMS, JPA (Hibernate preferred) Full text search (ElasticSearch preferred), Distributed systems, high availability, Dynamic web technologies is a plus, Performance/load testing (JMeter), IT automation (Puppet, Foreman), Operating Linux servers.
- Bits & bytes are not just words for you
- Bring along other programming languages
- Self-motivator and good team-player sprits are highly required
- Strong technical communication skills
- Good English and Mandarin skills, both oral and written
The reward you get
- A high impact tech role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment