We are looking for a Cologne based Software Development Team Leader (m/f) who helps agile teams to grow and gain mastery in delivering great software systems that support sustainable growth of HRS.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 28 offices across the world.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Act as a line manager for up to 20 individuals assigned to agile product development teams and report directly to the Site Manager Cologne
- Guide, mentor and motivate the development teams and encourage cross team collaboration
- Facilitate knowledge transfers as well as identification and application of best practices across departments and countries
- Collaborate with other development locations (e.g. Warsaw and Berlin) and manage system integration
- Utilize empathy and other soft skills to create a strong, professional and fun working culture
- Manage the full recruitment cycle from headcount through interviewing and hiring to onboarding and coaching
The commitment you bring
- Several years of experience in team leadership and work experience in the area of Software Development (preferably in a global technology organization)
- Understanding of the tech industry and knowledge of product development in Java Enterprise technology and Cloud environment
- Strong focus on outcome and ability to drive direction within a team as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Extensive experience in agile principles and lean methodologies
- Familiarity with Microservice Architectures, Quality Assurance methodologies, Information Security, DevOps principles and Continuous Integration practice
- Higher degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, IT Management or similar
- Fluency in English and German, both spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact people leadership role with high degree of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home