We are looking for a Cologne based Director of Sourcing Intelligence and Analytics (m/f) to provide superior analytics and insights for our sourcing customers.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 34 offices across the world.
Our department Sourcing Solutions is at the heart of our solution offering for global corporates. We help global corporations to build a best-in-class hotel program by combining strategic procurement consulting services with cutting-edge technology and analytics. Our global sourcing consultants manage the entire hotel procurement cycle from benchmarking, rate negotiation to implementation, and ongoing optimization – all the while managing global projects with customer stakeholders and consultant peers around the world. Our Sourcing Service has grown significantly in the past five years, and today we help more than 150 large global corporates including Google, China Mobile, Hitachi, Alibaba, DHL, Volkswagen, WorldBank, Oath and Siemens. As global leader in hotel travel management, our sourcing solution is at the forefront of our innovation agenda.
In this context, our sourcing intelligence team is the core analytical backbone for our consultants to benchmark and negotiate with hotels. HRS has the industry’s largest database for internal and external hotel data and wants to leverage this to the best of our corporates´interests.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Lead a 10-15 heterogeneous team comprised of business-oriented sourcing intelligence managers, but also BI Consultants and Data Scientists
- Strategically build superior Intelligence based on comprehensive data model for end-2-end HRS value proposition especially with focus on HRS Sourcing Solution
- Develop sophisticated Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning algorithms and methodologies to enable better forecasting and prediction of market developments (e.g. average rates and market prices), automated handling of data (especially spend data handling of our corporate customers) and continuous improvement of our recommendation algorithms
- Provide the Sourcing Solutions team with the analytical backbone to drive savings for our customers and high-quality hotel programs
- Reports to Global VP Sourcing (who reports to CEO) and works closely with Sourcing Consulting to support best in class consultancy for our global team of hotel procurement consultants
- Maintain and further develop existing BI tools for sourcing process
- Coordinate with other BI / Analytics teams at HRS
The commitment you bring
- A strategic mind-set and a clear vision how to use data to grow the HRS Sourcing Intelligence
- Business sense – a clear focus on how customer needs can be translated into analytics and how analytical insights can be used for consulting insights for our sourcing consultants
- Several years of working experience in a data analyst or data/commercial strategy role, with experience of managing small teams
- Proven track-record of using data to drive business insights and commercial decision making ideally with a focus on Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- A degree in Data Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, or any other related field
- Advanced structured approach of business requirement management and very good project management skills
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R, Microstrategy (level to manage team members working in this tools)
The reward you get
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home