We are looking for a Cologne based DevOps Engineer (m/f) who is keen on ensuring the deployment speed as well as the stability of our product platforms by developing and operating automation tools.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,600 people in 28 offices across the world – including Cologne, Shanghai, London, Mumbai and Sydney.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Accompany the complete software development process according to agile methods up to go-live
- Automate load and performance tests
- Continue the coordination, communication and documentation in the development process with technical experts, product owners, architects and operations employees
- Analyze and solve problems that occur during live operation
- Create, configure and administer Linux systems and manage our servers (Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, etc.)
- Automate all aspects of building, configuration, deployment, monitoring and operation of the software
- Recognize and test the latest technologies and trends for relevance and applicability
The commitment you bring
- Very good understanding in setting up an operating large infrastructure environment for high-availability system landscapes
- Sense in dealing with automation solutions (such as Puppet) and knowledge of integration tools (such as Jenkins)
- Excellent skills of at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Bash)
- A good understanding of agile development, continuous delivery processes and open source technology
- Knowledge of other tools / know-how are "nice to have" (Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, Groovy, Go, AWS experience, Vagrant, ELK, Grafink, Jenkins Pipeline DSL, Jenkins Job DSL)
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact DevOps role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy.
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development.
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home