We are looking for a Berlin based Director Development Center Berlin (m/f) who leads and develops the Berlin Development team as well as take responsibility for design, functionality and delivery of the new innovative projects.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 28 offices across the world.
The HRS Innovation Hub delivers integrated solutions to the three business areas of the HRS Group: Business Travel Solutions, Enterprise Solutions and Hotel Solutions. Our international team is cross-functional and comprised of experts in the fields of Agile Product Management, Software Engineering, UX/UI Design and IT Operations. All products created by the Innovation Hub are being hosted in the Amazon Web Services cloud and make use of state of the art technologies such as Java, ReactJS, NodeJS, REST APIs and GraphQL.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Take accountability for delivery of new features and maintenance of our products
- Act as the central point of contact for software development teams located at the development site
- Plan, build and maintain software development teams according to goals set for the development site ensuring their stability, capacity and capability
- Motivate and develop software engineer staff, maximizing their understanding of HRS business domain, mission and values
- Ensure that work regulations, conditions and atmosphere constitute the environment that fosters effective work and employee satisfaction
- Interface regularly with management to ensure that the development site meet their business needs and specifications
- Act as an advocate for change management and encourage innovation and creativity in software development process and technology solutions
- Own budget of the development center and monitor costs.
The commitment you bring
- Higher degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent in professional experience
- Several years of experience in leading Agile software development organizations
- Scrum methodology expertise
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams in product development
- Advanced technical understanding of software architectures, quality assurance methodologies, information security, DevOps methodologies as well as experience with Linux, Java, ReactJS, Kubernetes and AWS
- Very good level of English and German, both spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact role with an innovative startup culture but with the benefit of stable corporate investment
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and the opportunity to learn from a highly motivated team of seasoned industry players
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours, the option to work from home and an Open-space loft office in Berlin-Neukölln