We are looking for a Cologne based Data Scientist Sourcing Intelligence (m/f) to develop analytics and forecasting solutions concerning our corporate customers.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 34 offices across the world.
Our department Sourcing Solutions takes care of one the major services we provide to our more than 3,000 corporate business customers globally. Our Sourcing Service has grown significantly over the past years and we are running projects for more than 100 large global corporates across the globe including Google, China Mobile, Apple, Hitachi, Alibaba, AT Kearney and Siemens. Sourcing is at the forefront of our innovation agenda for our enterprise customers and will continue to grow at a very high pace.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Develop and build a comprehensive big data model considering all relevant sources (spend/booking data, audit, marketwatch, search&book, etc.)
- Be the key contact person of the Sourcing Solutions department regarding analytic topics, further development of existing solutions and ad hoc requests
- Develop analytics solutions for benchmarking rates, hotel recommendations in our Sourcing projects and provide ad hoc analyzes
- Develop a model for predictive data, market price development, ADR forecasts, etc.
- Coordinate with other BI / Analytics teams at HRS as part of a project team
The commitment you bring
- In-depth database knowledge and know-how in the management of a data warehouse as an advantage, as well as knowledge of other programming languages or statistical tools like R or SPSS
- Profound knowledge of SQL and the handling of relational and multidimensional data modeling, Python knowledge as a plus
- Advanced structured approach of business requirement management and very good project management skills
- A degree in the fields of (Business) Mathematics, Informatics, Economics or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the development and implementation of BI solutions
- Knowledge of BI tools like the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Suite would be an asset
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact Sourcing BI role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home