We are looking for a Cologne based Director IT Operations (m/f) to run the global IT operations for the entire HRS Group and to help scaling up for further growth.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 28 offices across the world.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Manage and control the global IT operations department as well as carry the operational responsibility for the data centers, networks and client infrastructure
- Plan and manage the budget and permanent optimization of IT operating costs
- Develop and execute a global cloud computing strategy
- Run a stable and efficient operating model and further enhance the technical maturity level
- Be a sparring partner to the CISO to align the infrastructure to changing IT and data security needs
- Promote coordinated start-up of new services, product capture and evaluate new technologies - especially customized cloud services as well as continuous integration and DevOps collaboration models
- Source and control external IT infrastructure and manage service providers, including participation in negotiation of outsourcing contracts
- Create transparency and tailored communication with regard to the performance of IT operations
The commitment you bring
- Completed studies in Computer Science, Economics, or comparable academic degrees
- 5+ years of management experience in IT system operations, ideally with a global footprint and in an e-commerce or similar setting.
- Experience in the following areas: Java custom-built applications, UNIX / Linux, Microsoft, network architecture, web architectures, continuous deployment, application & system monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in working with agile software development teams.
- Proficiency in process automation, virtualization, cloud computing (esp. AWS).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a cloud computing strategy.
- Familiarity with industry-specific process and procedural models (ITIL, CoBIT, etc) a plus
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Basic Knowledge in German.
The reward you get
- A high impact IT role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home