Data Scientist Hotel Solutions (m/f)
We are looking for a Cologne based Data Scientist Hotel Solutions (m/f) to transform data into valuable information for our business.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world.
Our business unit Hotel Solutions takes care of the procurement of the HRS Group. This means, our sales colleagues engage with our hotel partners in order to support them maximizing their distribution success. But also acquiring and bundling the best accommodations and conditions for our business and leisure customers is their passion.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Be the key contact person of the Hotel Solutions department regarding analytic topics, further development of existing solutions and ad hoc requests
- Develop analytics solutions for rates, competitor benchmarks, hotel segmentation and profitability / monetization topics based on business requirements and provide ad hoc analyzes for the department and the management
- Technically coordinate the internal data science team for Hotel Solutions services consisting of data scientists and business intelligence consultants
- Coach, train and consult the business department re. multiple analytical questions
- Coordinate with other BI / Analytics teams at HRS as part of project teams
The commitment you bring
- A degree in the fields of (Business) Mathematics, Informatics, Economics or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the development and implementation of BI solutions
- Profound knowledge of SQL and the handling of relational and multidimensional data modeling
- In-depth database knowledge and know-how in the management of a data warehouse as an advantage, as well as knowledge of other programming languages or statistical tools like R or SPSS
- Advanced structured approach of business requirement management and very good project management skills
- Knowledge of BI tools like the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Suite would be an asset
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact BI role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home