We are looking for a Warsaw based Backend Developer (m/f) who is keen on creating innovative, world-class backend applications for the travel & hospitality industry.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world – including Cologne, Shanghai, London, Mumbai and Sydney.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Implement backend applications in Java (feature implementation, bug fixing, writing tests) integrating with external companies (travel agencies, transportation, Google, etc.)
- Manage technical debt and innovation
- Develop, implement an improve application architecture based on AWS Cloud
- Collaborate across teams with regards to overarching technical concepts and practices
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Developers as well as other departments.
- Work within the Backend Developer chapter to ensure continuous delivery of high quality solutions to our clients and other teams
The commitment you bring
- Solid experience in the field of Information Java, JEE, Spring, Restful and SOAP Webservices and knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with and good understanding of frameworks like Spring/Hibernate but also GIT/Gerrit and Maven Build Management
- Focus on providing solutions based on the business requirements
- Ability to work in an international team, fast learning and enthusiasm for the realization of innovative products
- Knowledge and experience of working with agile methodologies
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact development role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home