Cloud Solution Engineer (DevOps) (m/f)
We are looking for a Berlin based Cloud Solution Engineer (DevOps) (m/f) who wants to ensure the deployment speed as well as the stability of our product platforms by developing and operating automation tools.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world.
The HRS Innovation Hub delivers integrated solutions to the three business areas of the HRS Group: End Consumer Products, Global Hotel Solutions and Hotel Solutions. Our international team is cross-functional and comprised of experts in the fields of Agile Product Management, Data Science, Software Engineering, UX Design and Systems Engineering. The multi-tenancy microservices architecture of the underlying technical platform is powered by hundreds of microservices - partially containerized or server-less - in the Amazon Web Services cloud. Among the various AWS technologies, those services make use state of the art technologies such as Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, Java 8, NodeJS, ReactJS, Redis and Scala.
The challenge you are up for
- Automate the Product Pipeline based on Bamboo (to be changed) and AWS CloudFormantion with ECR/ECS to minimize human involvement.
- Maintain the scalable infrastructure to manage hundreds of thousands of hotel data sets and millions of user records and transactions every month.
- Develop intelligent tools and services to ensure the platform's resiliency to failures and vulnerability attacks.
- Build an auto-remediation system to automatically resolve production incidents before escalating them to on-call engineers.
- Evangelize about deep and sound metering, test coverage and proper documentation.
The commitment you bring
- Experience with the development of web applications and related services served by Unix/Linux based environments.
- Working experience in more than one company or more than two projects.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work).
- Solid knowledge about algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
The reward you get
- A high impact role with an innovative startup culture but with the benefit of stable corporate investment
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and the opportunity to learn from a highly motivated team of seasoned industry players
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours, the option to work from home and an Open-space loft office in Berlin-Neukölln
Sounds like you?
Send us a copy of your resume, your expected salary and possible start date.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!