Account Manager GDS (m/f)
We are looking for an Account Manager GDS (m/f) who will be responsible for the definition, optimization, and implementation of global distribution systems workflows and processes. Possible locations are Frankfurt, London, Barcelona or Madrid.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 28 offices across the world.
Our business unit HRS Hotel Solutions takes care of the procurement of the HRS Group. This means, our sales colleagues engage with our hotel partners in order to support them maximizing their distribution success. But also acquiring and bundling the best accommodations and conditions for our business and leisure customers is their passion.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Initiate, co-ordinate, implement and review solutions and offerings with connectivity partners and the HRS Product Owner through state-of-the-art technology
- Extract, analyze XMLs messages and translate the technical language to make the complexity of data transmission more comprehensible to HRS stakeholders such as Sales, Customer Care, Finance teams
- Monitor the GDS display to check the distribution logic requiring profound knowledge and expertise on HRS’s internal and external tools/systems
- Continuously improve the steering and selection of hotels in close collaboration with Business Intelligence and Sales Steering teams
- Participate in operational projects on GDS content enhancement
- Be the first point of contact for our GDS partners to expedite escalation cases within HRS
- Adopt the relevant processes, procedures and policies to ensure a consistently high level of customer service; where necessary identify short falls in the process and procedures and implement process improvements
The commitment you bring
- A degree in Economics, Business, IT or Tourism/Hotel Management
- Ideally 1-2 years of working experience in a similar role in a GDS company or an OTA
- Experience in eCommerce and distribution technologies such as global distribution systems (GDS), property management systems (PMS) and computer reservation systems (CRS) as well as working within an SLA and KPI driven environment
- Experience in account management and growing revenue by implementing strategies and monitoring results
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (in particular Excel)
- Superior conceptual skills, organizational ability and strong communication skills
- A high level of self-initiative and enthusiasm
- Native-like German and good English language skills, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact tech role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home