Product Owner Hotel Solutions (m/f)
We are looking for a Cologne based Product Owner Hotel Solutions (m/f) to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world.
Our business unit HRS Hotel Solutions takes care of the procurement of the HRS Group. This means, our sales colleagues engage with our hotel partners in order to support them maximizing their distribution success. But also acquiring and bundling the best accommodations and conditions for our business and leisure customers is their passion.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Understand the product strategy in value proposition and potential mid-and long-term expansion
- Define and Specify the Architectural Framework evolution roadmap and evangelize around it within the team(s), stakeholders and customers
- Define Infrastructure KPI’s and continuously monitor Infrastructure performance to support strategic decisions making
- Derive hypotheses from data and validate them in qualitative and quantitative testings
- Scope and prioritize development efforts based on business and customer impact
- Specify development requirements in form of user stories
- Manage the product backlog and support progress
- Support agile principles and practices by your participation in Scrum ceremonies
- Foresee timelines and support business owners in deriving business plan scenarios in an agile development method
- Collaborate with product leadership team to align on the product strategy and roadmap
The commitment you bring
- Deep knowledge of cloud services and cloud-based solutions (AWS Cloud)
- Experience in Backend Infrastructure development, operation and maintenance
- Solid experience in JAVA development
- Technical background and long-term experience in technical software development (esp. in those technologies JAVA Script etc…)
- Understanding of software development for the hotel industry on related topics like property management systems, channel management systems, central reservation systems or other distribution-related software systems
- Strong team play putting personal targets to the back seat with motivation to identify teamers’ deficits and to coach for collaborative team success
- Excellent communication skills
The reward you get
- A high impact Technical role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home