Partnership Manager Japan (m/f)
We are looking for a Tokyo based Partnership Manager (m/f) to lead and manage all local relationship in the partnership channel (e.g., TMCs/OBEs) for development and implementation/connection.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world.
Our business unit Global Hotel Solutions offers consulting and end-to-end hotel management solutions to more than 3,000 corporate businesses globally. These include professional procurement, rate audit, payment and automated invoice processing as well as online group bookings. Among our customers are Fortune 500 companies such as Google, China Mobile, Siemens, Hitachi, Huawei, Alibaba and many more.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Manage all local relationships in the partnerships channel (e.g., TMCs/OBEs) and serve as local contact for global relationships (e.g., Sabre, Amadeus)
- Identify and lead negotiations with new partners (e.g., local TMCs) in order to distribute and enhance HRS value proposition though their services, and develop those from lead to implementation/connection
- Build, develop and maintain a structured relationship with TMC decision makers in order to set joint strategies, develop opportunities, retain and expand adoption/business within the account, visiting/calling clients and coordinating product demos as required - particular focus on collaborating and assisting the TMC Sales and Account Management teams and operational teams
- Take full business ownership/leadership of all interfaces between HRS group systems, tools and databases and corresponding systems used and/or provided by the partner
- Maintain a high level of current knowledge of the product portfolio and the benefits for customers as well as of other relevant information (e.g., trends, strategy, competitors, pricing)
- Report to the APAC Director Partnerships (only disciplinary reporting line to local office) and comply with objectives set by Director to achieve expected revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction levels (i.e. only disciplinary reporting line to local office)
The commitment you bring
- Experience and knowledge in the travel industry (especially distribution) and in consultancy sales
- Excellent problem solving skills, allowing to discuss matters with senior employees of customers at eye level and exceling in multinational environments
- Good technical understanding especially in channel management; solid knowledge of the HRS USP and products, B2B travel industry and comp set, and 3rd-party distribution of products/services via various channels
- Good relationship management, i.e. initiating positive contact, acting convincingly (e.g., in negotiations), good communication and professional behavior
- Very good command in both written and spoken Japanese and English
The reward you get
- A high impact sales role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction