Cloud Architect (m/f)
We are looking for a Cologne based Cloud Architect (m/f) who is passionate about designing cloud plattforms best fitted for customer needs.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Consult our development teams, help build and architect new solutions, and scale their adoption of cloud technologies
- Look at an existing service and then build a more effective solution in AWS (Green field development of Amazon Web Services infrastructure (EC2, RDS, EMR, etc))
- Work on different functional blocks of our eCommerce platform as well as topics like a MySQL database migration or a Business Intelligence project
- Work with frameworks such as Puppet- as well and help to break down barriers between teams
The commitment you bring
- Completed studies in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar subject
- Several years of working experience
- At least one year experience in a similar position working on the AWS platform
- Scripting skills – ideally Python, but not exclusive
- A passion for automation of everything where sensible
- Great communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical challenges and communicate effectively with his peers
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact IT role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home