Data Scientist / Engineer (m/f)
We are looking for a Cologne based Data Scientist / Engineer (m/f) to further develop our business intelligence solutions.
As HRS GROUP we are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business travelers not only to search & book their hotel accommodation around the globe, but enjoy smart services that simplify their travel experience and make it comfortable. It is our goal to make the lodging experience easy, efficient and smart. Our business unit Business Travel Solutions provide accommodations in 190 countries. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. Our portals HRS, HRS Holidays, HOTEL DE and Tiscover reach more than 160 million website visits per year. HRS has been first mover in offering mobile bookings via native apps since 2009 which are installed on 23 million mobile devices. With this, we enable guests to use mobile check in and check out or payment of the hotel invoice via smartphone.
The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 28 offices across the world – including Cologne, Shanghai, London, Mumbai and Sydney. To fuel our growth, we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who “love to make it happen”, meaning they are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
The challenge you are up for
- Support the development of Analytics & Data Management solutions with focus on performance marketing or customer engagement as well as analytical CRM in the area of End Consumer Solutions
- Design and implement our Big Data Platform in coordination with the business teams as well as along the data / analytics strategy of the HRS Group
- Integrate the various analytic systems as well as cloud-based partner systems
- Evaluate further technologies as well as innovative solutions to support and complement the existing technology stack
The commitment you bring
- A degree in the fields of (business) mathematics, informatics, economics or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the development and implementation of BI solutions
- Very good knowledge of the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Suite
- Profound knowledge of SQL and the handling of relational and multidimensional data modeling
- In-depth database knowledge and know-how in the management of a data warehouse as an advantage, as well as knowledge of other programming languages
- MS Office Knowledge, especially Excel
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact BI role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home