Data Scientist / Engineer (m/f)
We are looking for a Cologne based Data Scientist / Engineer (m/f) to further develop our business intelligence solutions.
At HRS GROUP “We love to make it happen”: We are the world’s leading hotel solutions provider and enable business and leisure travelers to search, book and stay in control of their hotel accommodation. It is our goal to make the booking experience simple and smart. Our booking portals combine more than 850,000 accommodations worldwide and form the basis for our innovative end-to-end solutions we are offering to global corporations. The HRS GROUP continues to expand and employs more than 1,500 people in 27 offices across the world – including Cologne, Shanghai, London, Mumbai and Sydney.
We provide accommodations in 190 countries. Our portals HRS, HRS Holidays, HOTEL DE and Tiscover attract business and private customers and reach 160 million website visits per year. HRS has been first mover in offering mobile bookings via native apps since 2009 which are installed on 23 million mobile devices. With this, we enable guests to use mobile check in and check out or payment of the hotel invoice via smartphone.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing travel industry. Do you also want to make it happen at HRS?
The challenge you are up for
- Support the development of Analytics & Data Management solutions with focus on performance marketing or customer engagement as well as analytical CRM in the area of End Consumer Solutions
- Design and implement our Big Data Platform in coordination with the business teams as well as along the data / analytics strategy of the HRS Group
- Integrate the various analytic systems as well as cloud-based partner systems
- Evaluate further technologies as well as innovative solutions to support and complement the existing technology stack
The commitment you bring
- A degree in the fields of (business) mathematics, informatics, economics or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the development and implementation of BI solutions
- Very good knowledge of the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Suite
- Profound knowledge of SQL and the handling of relational and multidimensional data modeling
- In-depth database knowledge and know-how in the management of a data warehouse as an advantage, as well as knowledge of other programming languages
- MS Office Knowledge, especially Excel
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The reward you get
- A high impact BI role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the travel industry
- Strong team performance and a transparent results focus towards one shared direction
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours and the option to work from home